We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join our team of professionals. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in fabrication/steel service environment, be organized, motivated, detail-oriented and driven. This is the perfect opportunity to build a career with an industry leader.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Introduce new and existing corporate products or services to established and potential clients.
• Communicate with customers daily to request orders and provide quotations and lead times by fax telephone, and/or email.
• Work collaboratively with the Outside Sales Team, Production/Operations Managers and Team Leaders, Drafting Department, and outside vendors/service providers to prioritize, coordinate and schedule customer needs and requirements.
• Collect and analyze data to estimate the cost, size, materials, nature and duration of a potential project by interpreting prints, specifications and customer requirements.
• Emphasize service or product features and benefits, discussing credit terms, quoting prices and preparing sales order forms.
• Coordinate with all related departments for order status, ensuring the delivery commitments are met.
• Process cancellations or changes in sales orders and communicating the changes to the related departments.
• Capture accurate and complete information in ERP system for customer relationship management.
• Monitor quality standards and specification requirements and communicate any discrepancies or issues related to jobs that impact quality, scheduling and/or delivery.
• Communicate customer feedback and suggestions for enhancing efficiency, quality, safety, and continuous improvement.
• Maintain and expand the database of customers and prospects of the organization.
• Ability to read blueprints efficiently.
• Associate’s Degree in Metallurgy, Drafting, or related engineering discipline is valued.
• Able to work in a fast paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to read, evaluate, and interpret prints, drawings, and specifications.
• Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
• Highly proficient level computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems.
• Trained in inside sales and/or estimating.
• Prior involvement in fabrication and steel service center preferred.
Work is performed inside an office building, but employee is occasionally exposed to seasonal and welding temperatures in the plant environment.